View an opinion
View a printer friendly version
Email this to a friend
Stop the auctions!
Repeal Section 548!
Why We Should Repeal Section 548!
• It takes away traditional rights of communities.
• It promotes sprawl, overdevelopment and high-cost
• It sabotages local planning for open space,affordable
housing, and traffic reduction.
• It bypasses democratic processes and legislative accountability.
• It makes it difficult for communities to acquire land
needed for open space and affordable housing.
• The future of public open space should be determined
with full participation of the public.
Here’s what you can do:
• Write a Letter to Your Legislators and to the Romney
• Get your City Council or Board of Selectmen to take
• Submit a warrant Article to Your Town Meeting
Frequently Asked Questions About Section 548
• Op-Ed from Lexington Minuteman
• Full text of Outside Section 548
• The Middlesex County Hospital Land (Lexington/Waltham)
Read related items.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/masschc.org/public_html/wp-includes/script-loader.php on line 2841