View an opinion
Stop the auctions!
Repeal Section 548!
Why We Should Repeal Section 548!
• It takes away traditional rights of communities.
• It promotes sprawl, overdevelopment and high-cost housing.
• It sabotages local planning for open space,affordable housing,
and traffic reduction.
• It bypasses democratic processes and legislative accountability.
• It makes it difficult for communities to acquire land needed
for open space and affordable housing.
• The future of public open space should be determined with
full participation of the public.
Here’s what you can do:
• Write a Letter to Your Legislators and to the Romney Administration.
• Get your City Council or Board of Selectmen to take a
• Submit a warrant Article to Your Town Meeting
|• Frequently Asked Questions About Section 548|
• Op-Ed from Lexington Minuteman
• Full text of Outside Section 548
• The Middlesex
County Hospital Land (Lexington/Waltham)
Read related items.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/masschc.org/public_html/wp-includes/script-loader.php on line 2841