WHAT’S WRONG WITH OUR TAX SYSTEM?
AND HOW CAN WE FIX IT?
Some Key Points
– Our taxes support vital programs such as health care, education, police, and environmental protection.
– It is fiscally and morally irresponsible not to provide adequate funding for vital services.
It is not good for our economy to underfund vital services.
– A tax system must be fair, or funding will fall short. Fairness ensures that taxpayers are able and willing to pay their taxes.
– The current tax system in Massachusetts is not fair: Lower income people pay more than the wealthiest.
– We can not and should not solve our budget problems by hiking fees paid by low and moderate income people.
– There are tax system changes that will make the tax system fairer. But the Massachusetts Legislature has been ignoring the alternatives.
Publications and Reports
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/masschc.org/public_html/wp-includes/script-loader.php on line 2781